Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Divine Moments...

Mumbai. Tuesday.

Long day at work and epic traffic of evening rush-hours. Wrong time to expect a peaceful drive and added to it are the numerous phone calls from office,office,offices, friends and home - some pleasant and some not so pleasant. Made it to THE Siddhi Vinayak Temple, somehow.

Had to park the car a good furlong away from the temple, after making the good driver that he would not move too far away from the car. Top security arrangement at the entrance wouldnt allow my handbag (which is more a backpack than a handbag) inside. No - no cameras. Hafta run back to the car and again to the temple so that I would not be blocked out of the queue at the time of the evening aarthi.

Was pushed into the jam-packed crowd of devotees and finally found a place to stand. Bang on front of a big pillar completely hiding the beautiful diety of Lord Vinayak which I was seeing on all the three 42 inches LCD Screens around.

Work, traffic, security, sprint to car & back, messy queue and a big crowd. After all that, I dont get to stand in front of the Holy Idol? Disappointment must have been written in capital letters all over my face, even I was clapping my hands to the mighty tune of the aarthi song. A child on the shoulders of its father, looked at me for a minute or two unblinkingly and smiled its angelic smile. And touched my cheeks. And my held my clapping hands with its two cherubic palms.

There....I had the Lord's Darshan, up-close and absolutely personal.

Divine Moments #1.

No comments: