Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yet another starting point...

To get myself out of a terribly dour work-routine and to break a long spell of being unbeatably non-creative, thought of organising all those photographs lying uncared-for after I had dumped them into the hard-disk from my cam.

All I did was browse through the umpteen folders again and again, without any progress towards the objective of organising them. Not just browsing absent-mindedly, but reliving those moments - happy, funny, interesting, relaxed, inspiring, relaxed, tired, boring - which I lived during the past six and odd months. Above all, I remember all those hurry-up-with-your-shoot moments created by my frenemy, just too well, and the combats and battles that followed up... :)

Apart from the moments reminded by the photographs, there has been interesting happenings at home too - like getting a call from a friend after 17 years. Thats a long story which I should write a separate post about.

My imaginary time-machine flew back 17 years to when I was 17...some details I could recall clearly and some were vague...some memories seemed to be etched and some just floating on air....some I tried to recall but could not, some I tried to forget but could not....

The famous quote goes - present moment is like a thin sword's edge, wedged between the past and the future. As tiny as they may be, such moments happen to define life...what we learn from those moments define a person. To be aware of each moment, to contemplate on it and to grow.....

And along flowed so many other thoughts...the high point being the realisation of the distressing fact that I dont spend enough time reliving, reflecting and contemplating on any part of my life or any part of the universe. Not even during all those thousands of miles I cross by trains.

This took me to thinking if I would remember any of the moments that define me. Not that remembering them would help me grow; but reflecting upon them would....Thats when I decided that I should keep filling up this blog, like mad, so that I can remember some moments to reflect upon, later.

2 comments:

Prasanna said...

Very true.. Happy blogging. Liked your reflections in flickr.. That was amazing.

Subah said...

Thanks, Mr Nice Guy. :))